Co-Founder and CEO at Staffjoy
Jan 2015 - Now in San Francisco, CA
- Staffjoy automatically schedules a workforce so people can work when they want and the business saves money.
- Developed proprietary algorithms utilizing integer programming, dynamic programming, and heuristics to optimally schedule hourly shifts.
Senior Software Engineer at OpenDNS
May 2013 - Oct 2015 in San Francisco, CA
- Architected, developed, and maintain the internal Beacon system - a scalable telemetry and data science platform for studying client software network performance - using Go, Flask, Docker, and Amazon Web Services.
- Co-managed an intern team of two university students to build OpenResolve, an open-source Docker image for domain information as a REST-like API. One intern was subsequently hired as a full-time engineer.
- Founded the OpenLate meetup and grew it to 2600 members, resulting in over $100K in closed deals and three technical hires.
- Formerly A-Team - Maintained reliability, speed, and uptime of client-facing systems by rapidly fixing bugs, resulting in higher uptime, improved security, closed sales deals, and better customer satisfaction.
- Acquired in August 2015 by Cisco for $635 million.
Washington University in St. Louis
B.S. in Systems Engineering
Aug 2009 - May 2013 in St. Louis, MO